Letter of Consent (Dependant’s Pass holders) – Before you apply

Letter of Consent for Long-Term Visit Pass – Plus (LTVP+) holders

From 1 April 2012, prospective employers of LTVP+ holders who wish to work in Singapore can apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) through EP Online. For more information on LTVP+, please visit the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority’s website.


A Letter of Consent allows a Dependant’s Pass holder to work in Singapore. To be eligible, the applicant must:

  • be a Dependant of an Employment Pass holder
  • secure a job offer with a Singapore employer
  • have a Dependant’s Pass that is valid for at least three months.

Things to take note

  • The employer will need to apply for the Letter of Consent.
  • The Dependant’s Pass holder can only begin working after the employer has received the Letter of Consent.
  • The Letter of Consent ceases to be valid:
    • When the Dependant’s Pass is cancelled; or/li>
    • The pass holder is no longer employed by the company.

How about dependants of S Pass Holders?

In order for dependants of S Pass holders to work in Singapore, they should apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or an Employment Pass. Each application would be assessed on its own merits.

Employment/S Pass

Dependant’s Pass holders who are successful in their Employment/S Pass applications are required to cancel the Dependant’s Pass.

Work Permit

For Dependant’s Pass holders who are successful in their Work Permit applications, the Work Permit’s validity period will be tied to that of the S Pass holder’s pass.

Documents Required

A Letter of Consent application form is required for an application.

Other Documents Required for Selected Professions

These additional documents are required for selected professions:

ApplicantDocument(s) required
Regional representativesA copy of the approval letter from International Enterprise Singapore for setting up of the Representative OfficeA letter from the Representative’s Office Headquarters stating:

  1. The purpose of the application
  2. The duration of the applicant’s assignment
  3. An undertaking for the maintenance and repatriation of the applicant.
Applicants from these professions:

  • Legal
  • Medical
  • Nursing
  • Sports
A copy of the relevant supporting document(s) with the respective vetting agency/professional body/accreditation agency as follows:

  1. Doctor – Singapore Medical Council
  2. Dentist – Singapore Dental Council
  3. Pharmacist – Singapore Pharmacy Council
  4. Nurse – Singapore Nursing Board
  5. TCM Practitioner – TCM Practitioners Board
  6. Lawyer – Attorney-General’s Chambers
  7. Football Player/Coach – Singapore Sports Council

For allied health professionals, see the requirements specified by the Allied Health Professions Council.

See the list of occupations that require supporting document(s)from the respective vetting agency, professional body or accreditation agency.

Applicants from food establishmentsA copy of the establishment’s National Environment Agencylicence issued in the name of the body-corporate, sole proprietor or partner and it shows the address of premises where applicant’s duties are to be performed.

For A No Obligation Consultation?