Changes to the Personalised Employment Pass From 1 December 2012, the qualifying criteria for the Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) has been raised and some of its features refined. This ensures that the PEP remains a premium pass for top-tier foreign talent and is in line with recent moves to raise the quality of Employment Pass holders. The changes are:
- Availability of PEP to P1 Pass holders who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000 and overseas-based foreign professionals whose last drawn fixed monthly salary was at least $18,000.
- Increase of minimum annual fixed salary requirement from $34,000 to $144,000.
- Change in validity of PEP from 5 years to 3 years.
- New PEP holders can bring in their parents, spouses and children.
For more information, please refer to our.
Foreigners who wish to work in Singapore can apply for the Personalised Employment Pass if they are:
- Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $18,000
The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.
- who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000* The following groups of foreigners are not eligible for the PEP:
- (i) foreigners who are issued with an Employment Pass under the Sponsorship scheme. Under this scheme, their direct employers are overseas companies which do not have a Singapore-registered office/business entity(ii) foreigners who are working or intending to work on a free-lance basis without any direct employers in Singapore(iii) foreigners who are listed as Sole Proprietors, Partners or Directors in a business/company registered with ACRA and are shareholders of that business/company(iv) foreigners working as journalists, editors, sub-editors and producers.
Note: The PEP holder is not allowed to start his/her own business or engage in any entrepreneurial activities. The holder must apply for an EntrePass if he/she intends to do so.
Benefits – Job flexibility
PEP holders can generally take on employment in any sector. There may be some jobs where prior permission is required. For more information on occupations that require prior approval, click. PEP holders do not need to re-apply for a new pass when changing jobs. They can inform MOM using the. PEP holders are also given the flexibility of a continuous period of up to six months without a job to evaluate employment or work opportunities. They are not be required to leave Singapore during this time.
PEP holders will enjoy similar dependants’ privileges akin to P1 pass holders. They are eligible to bring their spouses (legally married) and children under 21 years of age on Dependant’s Passes. They can also bring their parents on Long Term Visit Passes. The dependants’ applications must be sponsored by the PEP holders and submitted at any post offices.
Conditions of validity
Maximum Unemployment Period: This cannot exceed six continuous months at any point. Become an www.pro-essay-writer.com afi member today and play your part in american film. PEP holders who are unable to find employment after a continuous period of six months must cancel their pass. This includes PEP holders who are leaving Singapore to work for their overseas employer. Minimum Annual Fixed Salary: PEP holders must earn an annual fixed salary of at least $144,000 for each calendar year of the PEP. Requisite Notifications to MOM: PEP holders and their employers will need to keep MOM informed of each change in the PEP holders’ employment status (e. g. commencement or cessation of employment). In addition, PEP holders are required to declare their annual fixed salary within 30 days of the end of the calendar year. They also need to inform MOM of any changes in their contact details viz. local contact person and address.
The PEP will be issued only once. It is valid for three years, and is non-renewable.
Documents required before you apply
These documents and information are required for Personalised Employment Pass applications:
- The Personalised Employment Pass application form. Download PEP Application Form
- Additional documents required for non existing P1 Employment Pass holders;
1 CLEAR COPY of:1. Applicant’s educational certificates
2. Employment contract of new and/or previous employment (if any)
3. Employment history
4. Latest three months’ salary slips and bank account statements
5. Latest tax statement
6. A copy of the personal particulars page of the applicant’s passport/travel document
(Non-English documents must be accompanied by an official English translation done by a certified translator, High Commission/Embassy or a notary public. )